The Dallas Sierra Club is holding an “Earth, Wind & Fire Energy Summit” at the Addison Conference Centre the weekend of October 4-5, 2014. Registration is now open for this exciting event at www.earthwindfiresummit.org .
This educational conference will provide insight on both traditional and renewable forms of energy including current and future perspectives on the use of these various forms of energy, on both a national and regional scale, as well as the environmental and human impacts of these various forms of energy.
The conference will feature well-known academics, policymakers, and professional representatives from associations and institutions that focus on a wide of energy issues.
Of particular interest to Public Citizen’s efforts in Texas are:
- Coal — Dr. Daniel Cohan of Rice Univ. speaking about new carbon rules – retrofitting or retiring old coal plants
- Fuel Exports — Dr. Beach, UTAustin, speaking on oil/coal/LNG exports
This event is ideal for the public, non-profit organizations, environmental professionals, small business owners, and students who want to:
- Gain a global perspective of the dynamic and changing nature of energy in America
- Explore how America’s demand for energy today translates into its production and expansion in the U.S. and Texas
- Learn about the potential human and environmental impacts caused by energy production
- Meet and network with an array of experts, respected organizations, and other individuals working on energy issues
Space is limited for this event. Early registration is $55 through Sept. 2 and $75 thereafter.For more information or to learn about exhibitor opportunities, contact Rita Beving